Nicole Bell Cleland
As a second-generation descendant of Cuban entrepreneurs, Nicole learned at a young age that there are no guarantees in life, but instead family, discipline, and dedication is crucial to one’s success. Nicole has lived these values as evidenced by her participation in multiple extracurricular activities, class research, and steady employment while majoring in English and minoring in Spanish at Florida State University. After completing her undergraduate studies, Nicole pursued her passion for research and writing by attending Stetson University College of Law.
While in law school, Nicole participated in various Elder Law and Estate Planning organizations and events. From these experiences, Nicole learned the importance of listening to each person’s needs as no single approach is right for everyone, but instead every family needs a personalized plan. Nicole now works with many families to assist with their estate planning or estate administration matters. She offers trusted advice and counsel to families navigating planning, whether it is a simple or complex plan. Her primary practice is in estate planning and probate/trust administration cases, with an emphasis on asset protection, tax planning, and disability planning.
A life-long Florida native, Nicole fell in love with St. Petersburg while studying at Stetson Law and instantly knew it was meant to be her home. Nicole has been an attorney with Legacy Protection Lawyers since her law school graduation. Nicole enjoys reading, traveling, college football, and spending time with her family and friends.
- JD Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 2016
- BA in English, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 2013
Licenses & Memberships
- The Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Suncoast Estate Planning Council
- Pinellas County Chapter Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Leadership and Awards (current and past)
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar 2020–2022 Fellowship
- Suncoast Estate Planning Council (Chairman)
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2019-2023 Rising Star
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers – 2020 Leader in the Law
- Leadership St. Pete (Class of 2019)
- Pinellas County Chapter Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Past Chairman)
- Brookwood Florida, Inc. (Past Chairman)
- Inspire Equine Therapy Program, Inc. (Board Member)